Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Vacation...Not!

I've spent my first *official* day of Thanksgiving break hanging out at home, looking up Christmas crafts to do with the kids and coming up with ideas for our Christmas picture for Christmas cards. It's been a very relaxing day, which I really needed after yesterday's drama and trauma (Clara's eyelashes are still glued together, but she can open and close her eye with no problem, so my hope is that the gum will eventually wash out on its own). At 6:45 pm, I was sitting on the couch vegging and Rob had run to Subway to get dinner, when my cell phone rings.

"Hi, Ms. S., it's Jeff from your English class."
"Hi, Jeff. What's going on?"
"Well, we're all just sitting here in class wondering if you're coming tonight..."

Yikes! No, I'm not coming! I had completely forgotten that the community college is NOT out for Thanksgiving break until Wednesday. I doubt the students were upset that class was cancelled, but still.

I called my mom for comfort again. She called me the absent minded professor and told me to write a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment