Saturday, April 18, 2009

It IS a boy!!




I can't believe it! The doctor and Rob were sure at the last ultrasound, but this time there was absolutely no mistaking it. And, like a true boy, after Kiwi showed us what he's got, he started playing with it. I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

The girls recovered from the shock pretty quickly, faster than I did. Well, except Violet. She's in denial. This baby is a GIRL and we're naming it Delilah. I tried to explain that God gave us a BOY, a BROTHER, and she responded that God would turn it into a GIRL, a SISTER. That reminded me so much of what happened with Clara, back when she was Gabriel and Char had the "sex party" at church for me... LOL!

So, as you can imagine, I'm going through some mental adjustments. If anyone wants to offer me any advice here:

What am I going to name this baby? My students have ruined a ton of names for me, and there are so few good boys names to start with.
Should I have him circumcised?
Can I dress him in the girls' hand-me-downs? (Just kidding!!)

When I get the scanner set up, I'll put in the latest ultrasound picture, just in case anybody wants proof that Rob actually can create a son. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment